Are you transforming an exterior space but don’t have a budget to rival a RHS Chelsea Flower Show exhibit?
That doesn’t mean limited choice, poor quality and an outdoor area that leaves you feeling uninspired. Creativity doesn’t need to be expensive or a compromise.
With a commercial or DIY project, these are primary considerations:
- Landscaping materials, natural or manufactured?
- Aesthetic appeal.
- Lifespan and durability.
- Personality, image and style of the scheme.
- The existing garden planting and landscaping materials.
- Maintenance levels.
- Expertise requirements.
- Time demands.
- Drainage efficiency.
- Ancillary products that aid product performance. E.g. Marropave framework/weed matting/edging.
Helpfully, for anyone working to a strict budget gravel is:
- Cost effective.
- Available in different sizes.
- Supplied in a variety of textures and colours.
- Represents value for money.
- Easy to install.
- Low maintenance.
- Has flexible uses.
- Available in local products and those from further afield.
- Acts as a backdrop or an eye-catching feature.
- Delivers grip underfoot and wheel.
Leading gravel and landscaping materials suppliers including Rivar Sand and Gravel in Tadley, Windlesham and Newbury proudly stock locally quarried gravels including:
- Captivating Thames Valley Flint.
- Quarried in the Thatcham and Newbury areas.
- 10mm and 20mm sizes.
- Black, white, brown and grey chippings. (10mm=less brown.)
- Angular, aids grip in icy weather.
- 10mm and 20mm gravel bulk bags, half bulk bags or loose.
- 20mm chippings.
- Angular and buff-yellow.
- Traditional and exquisite.
- Cotswold Chippings are slightly crumbly.
- Available in 20mm 900kg gravel bulk bags, 450kg half bulk bags or loose.
- 20mm Thames Valley Flint.
- Brown, white and toffee gravel.
- Cosy, rich tones.
- Available in 20mm gravel bulk bags.
Another inexpensive way to add a natural look to an outdoor space is by using landscaping bark. Please ensure that it is responsibly sourced and FSC, Forestry Stewardship Council, accredited.
Landscaping bark is extremely attractive and it halts weeds’ progress. Wood content in the bags stocked by several suppliers is approximately 20% and the bark is frequently 35-60mm.
The hugely popular and economic Inturf Classic turf requires only minimal maintenance so you can spend more time relaxing and relishing summer.
Whether you need a complete lawn overhaul or to replace part of an existing lawn, landscaping materials experts can supply quantities to match. Normally, turf rolls are 1.65m long and .60m/1 metre width. They will be cut to maintain freshness.
Natural paving, cobbles, granite setts and pebbles are also wonderful options.
Rivar Sand and Gravel’s mint 2.6 metre diameter spinning circle.
- Sourced directly from India.
- Ethically sourced.
- Unique patterns.
- Top quality product.
- Lightly riven surface to maximise appeal.
Artisan Mirage in York Green sandstone paving.
- Available in a 7.3 metre squared mixed slab project pack.
- It offers a classic and always pleasing appearance.
- It’s elegant, unique and hard wearing.
- Perfect to add continuity from indoors to outside spaces.
- Castle grey and mint are alternative colour options.
Contact a specialist supplier to see the wealth of choices available to you.